EducationGraduated with a Specialized Honours degree in English Language and Literature studies at York University Glendon College
- graduated first class and on the dean's list
- one of two students to receive top award from English department
- one of the only university campuses in Canada to specialize exclusively in the liberal arts, with a French bilingual requirement
- degree requirement includes a focus on the inner workings of the language in linguistics and language studies courses
- primary focus on Renaissance Drama (Shakespeare)
ExperienceOver four years of tutoring experience.
I love helping others achieve their goals and showing them they are capable of far more then they expected. I will provide you with the knowledge to get the results you desire, but more than that I want to provide you with the skills to learn and succeed on your own.
Here are a few experiences:
- worked alongside two teachers in a credit recovery course for students who failed a course
- worked with students who had learning difficulties ranging from disabilities to ESL to just bad attitudes
- tutored individuals one-on-one in English, History, Geography, Law and Business
- taught students research methods to help develop independent learning and thinking for homework and assignments
- adult native learning center, ages 19-35, which provides services to Aboriginals and Non-Aboriginals, assisting them in making meaningful life choices
- developed and assisted giving lessons on career choice which inspired them to research into various fields
- marked and provided feedback on essays
- tutored adults, individually and in small groups, in English, History, Geography and Mathematics
HobbiesI love all activities that help develop the mind and body including, but not limited to: yoga, Zumba, reading and writing.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.