Toronto, Canada, L5J 2G8
Joined on October, 2013
Weekdays after 9AM
Up to 45 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationTESL Certified Canadian College of Educators, Toronto, Canada
Teaching citizenship topics Certificate Canadian College of Educators, Toronto, Canada
Post graduate Diploma, Event Management
Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
BA honors in Economics Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Experience-Volunteer ESL teacher at New Comer Centre of Peel
-EFL tutor at Asiyeh institution, Tehran, Iran
-EFL/IELTS private tutor
• Designed new materials using wide range of resources for creative classroom activities
• Observed classes, teachers and dealt with parents and students’ problems
• Prepared motivating lesson plans based on getting students engaged in learning process by encouraging group work and student centered activities, asking open-ended question, etc.
• Used variety of teaching strategies such as: Art-based, Activity-based, Thinking skill strategies, etc.
• Created safe and comfortable environment in the class that allows open discussions
HobbiesI am TESL certified and have over 4 years of experience in teaching English to learners of different age groups at different levels of English proficiency. I am currently teaching as a volunteer at New Comer Centre of Peel (LINC classes).
I am extremely passionate about teaching and also dedicated in every aspect. I never minded staying at work overtime, even for 2 hours, to answer students’ questions. What makes me even more excited about teaching ESL students is that by using authentic and motivating topics, as well as proper teaching methods, I can assist them with settling in a new county and reaching their goals.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.