EducationHello! Here's a little bit of educational background about me.
-I most recently finished my Master of Arts in Russian Sociology from University College London from 2012-2013. My dissertation was about the freedom of the press during the Sochi 2014 Olympics.
-Before I did my master's, I completed a certificate in Russian from King's College London, from 2011-2012. I also decided to get a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certification, so that I could better tutor students who did not speak English as a first language.
- I got my Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Spanish and World Religions from McGill University from 2006-2010. I did a thesis about the ties between depression, crime and isolation in Chicago, which was really informative and eye-opening.
- The most exciting part of my degree was doing exchange credits in Sociology from the University of Queensland in Brisbane.
-I am very happy to tutor over Skype if that is more convenient for some.
Experience- I am a very patient and friendly person, and I love seeing people succeed.
- I have over 4 years of experience with tutoring as a freelance tutor, where I've tutored English, Math, French, and Russian. I have tutored children from ages 5 to 16, so I have experience with a wide range of ages.
- I spent most of my elementary school years in a French Immersion program, which will help me assist anyone who has difficulties with French reading, oral comprehension, and vocabulary.
-I lived in the United Kingdom for four years, and did extensive translation work for tourist attractions. If needed, I would love to be able to revise and edit essays in foreign languages, with explanations of grammar rules.
- I love tutoring and being able to share my love of learning with others, so that my students can achieve their academic and personal goals.
- For those who are interested in law school, I have extensively studied for and taken the LSAT exam, in which I scored a 166, and I have study and time-saving advice.
-I have done extensive editing of personal statements for law school and graduate school applications. As such, I am happy to do so for any student who would be interested.
Hobbies- I love biking, curling, and dance. I'm also a huge baseball fan, and I love being able to go to a Blue Jays game with friends. I also really enjoy going for walks on the Toronto Islands!
- In my spare time, I love to cook, spend time with family, and read. I try to read a new book every week; right now I'm in the middle of 'Nothing to Envy', about North Korea, which is just fascinating! I also love discovering new and interesting bands/music.
- I have a passion for social justice, volunteering, and learning new languages.
Client Reviews (1)
she made plans to meet me twice, the first time I waited for her and she didn't even answer my calls and call me back. She said she was in the hospital. The second time, I waited for her in the mall for 2 hours and she didn't show up or answer any of my calls or messages I haven't heard anything from her since! I am a single mom Studying I dont have time for games!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.