EducationMSc in Medical Science, GPA 4.00, University of Toronto
HBSc in Neuroscience, GPA 3.91, University of Toronto
- Julie Payette NSERC Scholarship, which is awarded to the top 24 Master’s level applicants across all fields in Canada, and is based on outstanding academic excellence, research ability, leadership & communication skills.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Award
- NSERC-JULS Best Review Article Award
I'm a co-author on publications in Nature Neuroscience and NeuroImage.
I began PhD studies in Neuroscience at Princeton University, but later withdrew when I realized I was more interested in tutoring and editing than in doing science.
ExperienceI am a full-time academic editor and tutor. I have nearly a decade of editing and tutoring experience.
Please visit WWW.PEKAREDITING.COM for info on academic editing and writing help services.
Please visit WWW.PEKARTUTORING.COM for info on private tutoring services.
I meet with individuals in person (midtown and downtown) and online.
***EDITING & WRITING HELP***
Previous Writing & Editing Experience:
Copy Chief, UofT Medical Journal
Assistant Managing Editor, IMS Magazine
Writer and Editor, Institute of Medical Science Magazine
Review Board Manager, UofT Journal of Undergraduate Life Sciences
News and Features Editor, The Journal of Young Investigators
Science Journalist, The Journal of Young Investigators
At Pekar Editing, my colleague and I work with:
- high school students
- undergraduate and college students
- graduate students
- academics and researchers
Our recent clients include:
- researchers at St. Michael's Hospital, Ben Gurion University, and UofT
- graduate students in political science, medical science, neuroscience, molecular biology, engineering, and physics at UofT, Queen's U, Ryerson U, Osaka University, and McMaster U
- undergraduate/college students at UofT, Ryerson, York, Trinity College Dublin, George Brown College, Seneca College and Centennial
- high school students across the GTA
We edit and provide writing help for:
- all types of essays
- all course-related assignments
- research papers
- manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications
- MSc/MA and PhD theses
- graduate and professional school applications
- scholarship and fellowship applications
Our editing rates are $50/hr
Previous Tutoring Experience:
Senior Volunteer, SciHigh, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute
Tutor, Saturday Program, University of Toronto
Volunteer, Science Rendezvous, SickKids
Workshop Presenter, ThinkFirst Brain Day, Brain Awareness Week
Volunteer Assistant Educator, Ontario Science Centre
GRE scores: 94%ile in Quant (800) /95%ile in Verbal (670) /94%ile in Writing (5.5).
University and Above: $60/hr
HobbiesIn my spare time, I am frequently found outside, enjoying a long walk. I also like travelling, art (especially between 1880s and 1930s), and hiking.
ACT, 9th Grade math, 9th Grade Reading, 9th Grade Writing, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, ACCUPLACER ESL, ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension, ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills, ACCUPLACER WritePlacer, 9th Grade, ADD, ADHD, Advanced Placement, AP, AP Biology, Biology, Biostatistics, Cell Biology, Chemistry, 10th Grade Reading, AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Language and Composition, American Literature, Vocabulary, Fiction Writing, Literature, Creative Writing, Expository Writing, 10th Grade, 10th Grade math, College Algebra, 10th Grade Writing, 11th Grade, 11th Grade math, 11th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Writing, 12th Grade, 12th Grade math, 12th Grade Reading, 12th Grade Writing, Science, Life Sciences, Literary Analysis, Neurobiology, Neuroscience, Persuasive Writing, Pre-Calculus, SAT, SAT Critical Reading, SAT Math, SAT Mathematics, ISEE- Upper Level, SSAT, SSAT- Upper Level, Statistics, Study Skills, Study Skills And Organization, Summer Tutoring, Technical Writing, Test Prep, Writing, Genetics, College Essays, Developmental Biology, Dyslexia, English, ESL/ELL, Essay Editing, Evolution, Evolutionary Biology, General Biology, General Chemistry, Short Novel, Graduate Test Prep, Grammar and Mechanics, GRE, GRE Analytical Writing, GRE Quantitative, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, IB, IB BIology HL, IB BIology SL
Client Reviews (32)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.