Alex Hartman A.
Private tutor in Toronto, Canada
* MA Linguistics, University of Toronto (focus: Phonology) * Trained in Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Field Linguistics, Historical Linguistics, Cognitive Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Language Acquisition * BA Linguistics, University of Toronto, with minors in Classical History and Music History * TESL/TEFL certification
* Tutored Linguistics throughout studies at the University of Toronto
* Taught Linguistics classes during Master's program at the University of Toronto
* Trained in all major fields of Linguistics
* Advanced knowledge of Phonetics and Phonology
* Comprehensive knowledge of the English language
* Deep understanding of spelling, grammar, and word usage, with knowledge of etymology
* Experience as a naming consultant, providing context and advice for baby names, business names, and personal name changes
* Has been teaching English (ESL) since 2004
* Has been a professional proofreader since 2008
* Skilled at student organization and time management
* Wide general knowledge of history, culture, and science
* Helpful teacher attitude
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
* music (piano, guitar, percussion, singing) * travelling around the world * local exploration in and around Toronto * cooking, eating, nutrition * fitness and sports * nature and science * history and geography * psychology, philosophy and religion * reading and writing * learning about everything!
Inquire About This Tutor
Most tutors respond within 48 hours.
Feel free to contact other tutors while you wait.