Alex Hartman A.
Private tutor in Toronto, Canada
* MA Linguistics, University of Toronto (focus: Phonology)
* Trained in Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Field Linguistics, Historical Linguistics, Cognitive Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Language Acquisition
* BA Linguistics, University of Toronto, with minors in Classical History and Music History
* TESL/TEFL certification
* Tutored Linguistics throughout studies at the University of Toronto
* Taught Linguistics classes during Masters program at the University of Toronto
* Trained in all major fields of Linguistics
* Advanced knowledge of Phonetics and Phonology
* Comprehensive knowledge of the English language
* Deep understanding of spelling, grammar, and word usage, with knowledge of etymology
* Experience as a naming consultant, providing context and advice for baby names, business names, and personal name changes
* Has been teaching English (ESL) since 2004
* Has been a professional proofreader since 2008
* Skilled at student organization and time management
* Wide general knowledge of history, culture, and science
* Helpful teacher attitude
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
* music (piano, guitar, percussion, singing)
* travelling around the world
* local exploration in and around Toronto
* cooking, eating, nutrition
* fitness and sports
* nature and science
* history and geography
* philosophy and religion
* reading and writing
* learning about everything!
Inquire About This Tutor
Most tutors respond within 48 hours.
Feel free to contact other tutors while you wait.